YouTube’s Content ID is a digital fingerprinting system that content creators (like record labels and artists) can use to easily identify and manage their copyrighted content on YouTube. However, whether or not your music qualifies for YouTube’s ContentID is up to many different factors. Not sure if your music qualifies? Here’s what you need to know.
Does Your Music Qualify for YouTube’s ContentID?
Luckily for you, we have an additional post that dives deep into what YouTube’s Content ID is and how it works. If you need to refresh your memory, check out “What is YouTube’s Content ID”.
How to qualify
To qualify, copyright owners must have the exclusive rights to the material. Some examples of items that may not be exclusive include:
- mashups, “best of”s, compilations, and remixes of other works
- video gameplay, software visuals, trailers
- unlicensed music and video
- music or video that was licensed, but without exclusivity
- recordings of performances (including concerts, events, speeches, shows)
Everything You Need to Know About YouTube Premieres
Top 5 Tips for Boosting YouTube Views
YouTube Content ID through Symphonic
Signing up for YouTube Content ID through Symphonic has several benefits:
- Percentage in payout is often superior to that of others monetization services
- We have a dedicated staff that will not only monetize your videos, but place fingerprints and look for other videos that YouTube’s fingerprinting program does not pick up
- As a distributed client of ours, we will scan each and every song in your catalogue to ensure that we either monetize or takedown any other videos uploaded by third party individuals
If you’re not already signed up for YouTube Content ID, check out our FAQs and Sign Up process to get started!