Don’t you just love music festivals? The environment is welcoming, the vibe of the crowd is dynamic and the music can be life changing. As an artist, performing a set you’ve worked on for months and having the crowd truly receive it the way you intended it to be is an experience that will change the way you appreciate making and sharing music.
Luckily, there are tons of music festivals out there, each showcasing different genres. There’s no reason not to try your luck and apply to play for one of these festivals. We’ve even broken it down by genre and made it easy with this 2020 festival round-up.
Festivals You Should Apply to Play at in 2020
- Electric Forest is one of the few 4-day festivals out there that includes electronic music as well as jam band influences throughout the event. While the dreamy landscape pulls fans in, the dazzling lights and cutting edge stage production provide the ultimate set-up to show the thousands of attendees what you’ve got. // Apply here.
Sunset Music Festival
- Looking to get your feet wet? Sunset Music Festival is a relatively smaller fest notorious for good vibes, great weather and the opportunity to play alongside amazing artists like Flux Pavillion, Dombresky, Liquid Stranger and many more. If you aren’t quite used to playing huge festivals, this 2-day experience could be just what you’re looking for. // Click here to get in touch.
Indie Music //
House of Creatives Music & Arts Festival
- Among the tropical landscape of historic Virginia Key Beach Park lies a pocket of paradise also known as the House of Creatives Music & Arts Festival. This festival stands proudly among the local leaders pushing Miami’s cultural movement forward. If you’re into trying a more intimate festival, this stretch of pristine beach and cool blue water could be the perfect setting to drop your newest indie banger. // Reach out here.
- Experience some good ole southern fun in Atlanta, GA for this one. Shaky Knees has more than 60 bands playing at this event each year, so if you stay on top of this one the odds are in your favor. Shaky Knees offers a diverse lineup of iconic industry greats alongside up-and-comers alike. // Click here to reach out to them directly.
Sharpen your skills:
How to Use SoundCloud as Marketing Tool
5 Ways to Take Advantage of Festival Season (Without Actually Playing One)
Latin Music //
- In Chicago, IL, Ruido Fest celebrates Latin music and culture with internationally recognized acts from all over the world. What started off with just alternative Latin music has grown into an event that showcases a ton of different genres for everyone to enjoy. The focus of this festival has always been to offer a diverse set of artists to show off just what the Latin music scene has to offer. // To apply, click here.
Isle of Light
- Isle of Light is all about showing off local island culture while embracing international guests with open arms. This festival in the Dominican Republic has a major focus on creating a diverse lineup suitable for all audiences and shows off artists from all backgrounds and various genres. In recent years, Isle of Light has featured artists like Crystal Castles, Rita Indiana, Original Juan and many others… and your name could be added to that list! // Click here to reach out.
Hip – Hop Music //
- Sol Blume attracts like minded fans to an intimate setting of smaller crowds and underground favorites. If your music aligns with this vibe, this festival could be the perfect place to strengthen your fan base in a more direct and personalized way.
- Reining supreme as the largest hip-hop festival in the world, Rolling Loud takes over Miami on May 8-10 with rappers flying out from all over the country to take part in the festivities. Even though this is a huge festival, don’t be intimidated to apply. Although the lineup is jam packed with mainstream icons, they make it a point to include up-and-comers every year. // To send over your music for consideration, click here.
Country Music //
- Stagecoach Festival is an outdoor country music festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California. Whether you’re into mainstream artists or underground, up and coming artists, Stagecoach is the world’s largest country music fest, with indie folk singer-songwriters, bluegrass bands, alt-country and rock veterans galore. // Click here to reach out.
Windy City Smokeout
- Windy City Smokeout is all about beer, BBQ and country music. What’s not to love? Taking place in Chicago, this festival brings an impressive lineup of country music favorites and up-and-coming talent to the stage. This is a great festival to work your way up to that’ll bring you tons of exposure. (As well as amazing BBQ) // For more info, you can contact them here.
Getting familiar with playing at festivals can open up the doors to bigger and better events all over the world. Trust your skills and get yourself out there. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t get accepted to major festivals right away. Work your way up to establish your spot in the big leagues. Remember, you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Go for it!