Want to sell more merch? Amazon has got you covered. With Amazon, you can sell your own merch as Amazon products, reaching millions of their customers worldwide. Even more, you decide how involved you want to be. Here’s how it works…
How to Sell Merch on Amazon
Want to sell your existing artist or band merch on Amazon?
You’ve got two options:
- Fulfill with Amazon // You ship items to an Amazon Fulfillment Center and Amazon manages all post-sale operations.
- Self-Fulfilled // You manage all post-sale operations including inventory, shipping, customer service, and returns.
Want help making new, custom merch without any risk or overhead?
- Print On Demand // Amazon makes it super easy for you with zero risk and no overhead. You upload custom merchandise designs for your artist or band, items are printed on-demand, and Amazon manages all post-sale operations.
Not sure which options are right for you? Check out the model below to find out…
Fulfill with Amazon
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) allows you to store your own merch at Amazon fulfillment centers where they do all the shipping and customer service for you.
- FBA sellers can offer all of Amazon’s shipping options, including Prime, and access Amazon’s shipping and distribution networks worldwide.
- You design and produce your merch, deliver to an Amazon fulfillment center, and they do the rest – reducing overhead and leaving you time to focus on on making music or designing new merch.
You will need to have a Seller Central account first to get started. // To learn more about how FBA works, click here.
What Merch Items Are Selling Best In Your Genre?
Check Out Symphonic’s Online Merch Store
Fulfillment by Merchant (FBM) is the ideal solution for those who already have storage and shipping systems in place for their retail merch and are looking to self-fulfill.
- If you’ve got a warehouse (or several), plus staff and a logistics network you trust, consider using FBM to sell your merch directly on Amazon’s retail website to their millions of customers worldwide.
- You stay in complete control of handling and shipping beyond the sale.
- When you sell via FBM, you can create custom packaging and receipts or even include hand-written thank you notes to fans.
Amazon typically takes a fee which can vary depending on the type of account, items, and fulfillment method, so be sure to read up about your specific use case.
- If you’re already enrolled in Seller Central, you can get started now by clicking “Catalog” in Seller Central and selecting “Add a Product”.
- While editing your merch details, be sure to select “I’ll ship this myself” on the “Offer” tab.
If you’re not enrolled yet, keep reading…
Become a Seller
To sell merch on Amazon, you start by signing up to Seller Central. It’s your home for all of your merch operations. You can see your inventory, adjust prices, and market your goods to fans.
- Start by making an Amazon selling account for each country you want to sell in.*
- You’ll need your business and tax info handy, and complete an online tax interview.
- You may be asked for other documents like a photocopy of your license, passport, banking or credit card statement to verify your account.
(*See registration requirements by country.)
To get rolling with a Seller Central account is easy, just head to their website, click on “Register now”, and follow the prompts.
Check these out…
Amazon Music Launches Amazon Music For Artists
How to Use Amazon’s Media-On-Demand Services for Musicians
10 Ways Alexa Can Help Your Fans Find Your Music
Merch by Amazon (MBA) is a print-on-demand service. Upload your custom merchandise designs and sell them on Amazon’s retail website with no upfront investment or costs.
- MBA offers a variety of merch products, including t-shirts, hoodies, and pop-sockets and more.
- Once your design has been uploaded and approved, Amazon handles the rest. (production, packing, shipping, customer service and returns for each sale)
There are no upfront fees for MBA sales. Instead, you get a royalty on each item sold. Royalties are calculated based on your products’ purchase price less any applicable tax, and less Amazon’s costs. // More details can be found here.
Keep in mind…
It is your responsibility to ensure that your content doesn’t violate trademark, copyright or other rights, so keep it (relatively) clean. // Additional information on trademarks, copyright, and IP registration can be found here.
Ready to get started? // Request an Invitation to MBA by completing their online application. Once approved, you can login and start adding your designs!
Comments are closed.