Remarketing, also known as retargeting, is a marketing tactic where you target ads to people who have already visited or taken action on your website. Marketers use this to promote specific products, generate leads, and more with great success, and musicians can too. Here’s how to do it…
Remarketing for Musicians
Remarketing offers many benefits for musicians. It not only reminds visitors to further engage with your brand, but it also facilitates the transition to next steps. That could be to buy merch or tickets to your next show or to subscribe to your weekly newsletter, it’s up to you.
How does it work?
Retargeting allows you to target ads to people based on certain actions or behaviors that they’ve taken. — For example, you can target ads to:
- Anyone who visited one of your Feature.fm landing pages.
- Fans who use Spotify. Or Apple Music. Or Any service.
- Fans who Pre-Saved your music.
- Merch or concert tickets to fans who have already clicked to listen to your music.
- Fans who clicked on links related to Hip Hop.
- Fans by location to create awareness about your next gig.
- Fans who follow your playlists.
- For a contest to fans who complete a click through on your Action Pages.
“The ultimate benefit of retargeting is to help you get more revenue and streams for every dollar spent. It helps you to not waste your ad dollars by creating hyper targeted ads that only reach the right users.” — Jeanette Borzon, Artist Support Manager at Feature.fm
Looking to step up your marketing game even further? No problem. // Check these out:
- How to Evaluate the Progress of Your Marketing Campaign
- How To Put Together a Marketing Plan
- Marketing Strategies You Should Know as a Musician
Re-marketing is a huge part every great marketing strategy, but it’s often overlooked by those who are new to the game. With these tips, you’re on the right track to greatness! You got this.