Since its inception, Clubhouse has been taking the social world by storm. Want in on the action? Here’s how to create your own Clubhouse Club…
How To Set Up Your Own Clubhouse ClubClubhouse boats over 10 million active users on the app every week. Want in on the action? Learn more about the platform and how to set up your own club on the Symphonic Blog. ⚡️ Click To Tweet
What is Clubhouse?
Clubhouse is an invite-only, audio-based, social media platform that lets its users “talk, tell stories, develop ideas, deepen friendships, and meet interesting new people around the world”. In the app, you’ll find chatrooms on different subjects that you can join in on or simply sit back and listen to.
Think of it as a virtual cocktail party with some of the biggest names in the industry.
What is a Clubhouse Club?
Clubs let you host a series of intimate conversations with a defined community of people. As per their website, “We want to see clubs grow into communities of people that come together regularly based on shared interests, identities, activities, and more.”.
Here’s how to get your club set up in-app:
- Navigate to your profile page and scroll to the “Member of” section near the bottom.
- There you will see a “+” sign to the right of your last club badge (note: if you’re a member of many clubs, you’ll have to scroll to the end of your club list to locate the plus).
- Tap the icon, and now you can create your club.
Note: Users are only be able to create one club at a time. You cannot delete a club directly in-app, so they recommend you choose wisely and be thoughtful.
Expand your mind…
To find your club within the app:
- Go to your Clubhouse profile. There you should see the words “Member of” and the club “badge.”
- If you click on the badge, it’ll take you to the club page. There, you’ll see your name listed as a member. (A club creator is by default a *founder (admin)*.)
Ready to get started? Here’s how to invite people…
To add a member, click on the icon at the top right of the club page. There, you’ll see 4 options:
- Copy secret invite link // you can share this link with someone if you don’t have their phone number (note: this link isn’t unique, so it could be forwarded by that individual)
- Review nominated members // members of the group who aren’t founders can now suggest members to the group; you can review these suggestions and accept or reject from here.
- Search Clubhouse // You can invite anyone on Clubhouse who *follows* you (this is to prevent spam). These invites are unlimited, and do not utilize your available club invites.
- Search Contacts // You can invite anyone off Clubhouse that is in your contact list. Invitees will get a text including your name and your club name.
To learn more about Clubhouse Clubs and all the features available to you, check out their knowledge base here.