Artists all over the world love Spotify for Artists and all the killer features it provides. With in-depth analytics, data, team management capabilities and so much more, it’s popularity is no surprise. However, artists aren’t the only ones who can benefit from it. Did you know that Spotify for Artists also caters to labels and distributors, too? Here’s how…
How Independent Labels Can Benefit from Spotify For Artists
Spotify for Artists is a free tool that gives artists, labels and distributors the data they need from Spotify by providing streaming stats to understand performance across their entire catalog.
Here are some features you should be taking advantage of…
- If you run a label that has music on Spotify, you can now use Spotify for Artists to access a number of features —including album-level data, custom date ranges, playlist pitching, and more.
- Labels will be able to add multiple people to their teams, and see a log of actions taken across their team in Spotify for Artists with a new Activity Page.
- In addition, both artist and label teams will be able to make changes to an artist profile — whether it’s updating a bio or sharing a playlist through Artist Pick.
If you’ve never used Spotify for Artists, you can check out Spotify for Artist’s label onboarding guide here. In it, they share all the useful things you can do with the tools, along with some helpful case studies on their new site.
Ready to get started?
- To sign up to Spotify for Artists and get access to your catalog, you’ll need a Spotify account and your work email address.
- If you’re the first person from your organization to request access, you’ll need the URIs of at least 3 tracks that you’ve previously delivered to Spotify.
- If your organization has already been set up with them, we encourage you to get in touch with your team admin. (If you don’t know who that is, you can submit a request to Creator Support.)
What’re you waiting for? — Head to artists.spotify.com/claim to get started.