With tons of stations and playlists to get featured on, Amazon Music gives artists the opportunity to get heard by millions of fans all over the world. As an artist, it helps to be aware of everything they have to offer so you can use them to your advantage. Here are the types of playlists and various programming on Amazon Music you should know about…
Types of Playlists and Programming in Amazon MusicAmazon Music may not get as much hype as Apple Music or Spotify, but it's growing faster than ever and shouldn't be ignored! With over 60 million subscribers, Amazon Music has a lot to offer. Click To Tweet
Amazon Music offers millions of stations, all of which are personalized and endless streams of music. Amazon Music stations play a mix of the top songs for a given genre, mood, or theme. They also offer artist-based stations that include the artist’s catalog plus songs from similar artists.
Their amazing team of curators program priority tracks into stations at either heavy, medium, or light rotation. — Let’s break those down below:
- Heavy Rotation // these are tracks which are played the most within a station and include the biggest hits of the day or the hottest new songs.
- Medium Rotation // Amazon Music typically programs tracks that are on the way up the charts or just on their descent.
- Light Rotation // included at this level are familiar past hits, some surprises, and songs that Amazon’s curators are testing to see if they might become the next big hits with listeners.
Amazon Music’s programmers also curate thousands of playlists across different genres, eras, contexts, and locales. These playlists offer a fixed number of songs and are updated frequently to ensure they stay current; their most important playlists are refreshed every week. Additionally, Amazon Music uses a combination of curatorial expertise and data to make decisions about what they include in playlists
- Successful tracks graduate to more prominent and popular playlists.
- Many playlists showcase what they call a “faceout,” aka a photo of a lead artist featured on the cover art of the playlist.
Available worldwide wherever Amazon Music operates, they offer dozens of global marquee playlists. These playlists feature the biggest hits, latest songs, and most promising emerging artists from specific genres, moods, or activities.
Sharpen your skills…
Song of the Day
To help listeners discover music with Alexa, Amazon Music created Song of the Day, our daily feature of one must-hear song, selected by their music-obsessed curators.
- Fans can ask Alexa to “play the Song of the Day” to hear an intro from an Amazon Music curator sharing the one crucial song for that day. Even better, following the song, listeners are guided to hear more from the artist.
- Amazon Music also occasionally invites artists themselves to personally curate for a week at a time, introducing their favorite tracks each day.
Moral of the story, Amazon Music has a lot to offer to get new artists heard. Getting your music featured with any of these features can boost your exposure exponentially. Don’t miss out; be sure to keep these features on your radar. You never know what could come from it.