As an independent artist, you want to make sure you’re earning revenue everywhere you can. You put a lot of effort into your projects. Don’t let that hard work go unnoticed! If you’re a SoundCloud user, you can make money off of your efforts. Here’s how to monetize your SoundCloud profile…
How To Make Money On SoundCloud
Here’s the rundown…
SoundCloud monetization gives you the ability to maximize and monetize your efforts on the platform. That includes collecting important advertising revenue generated in territories where the service is active.
What comes along with SoundCloud Monetization?
This service gives you a bunch of perks. For example:
- Users hear ads while playing your music on mobile and more
- Whitelisting means no copyright issues preventing you from uploading
- Pre-clearance ensures your publishing is properly setup
- Monetization is only available in certain territories
- We will ensure your track stays online during clearance
How do you accumulate royalties on SoundCloud?
Basically, a “listen” must meet the following criteria to generate a royalty:
- Profile & track must be set up for monetization
- Listen must be longer than 30 seconds,
- must occur in a monetize-able territory,
- and must occur via Web or Mobile (as Listens that occur via an embedded app where no ads are played won’t be monetized).
🧠 Feed yo’ brain…
Music Industry Biz 101: What Is SoundCloud Go?
How To Earn Money With YouTube Channel Memberships
8 Ways Musicians Can Make More Money in 2021
Ready to get started? Here’s how…
You can actually monetize your SoundCloud very easily through Symphonic.
With it, your top tracks can be monetized within your profile. After a few days, your track will become monetized in the territories where monetization through SoundCloud is currently available. Plus, your royalties are paid out monthly once SoundCloud has reported and paid royalties to us.
Quick Tip: There is a requirement of 1000+ profile followers for the profile monetization service, but any music distribution client can deliver their catalog to SoundCloud Go, which monetizes as well.
If you’re currently a Symphonic client, this feature is already available to you! You can apply for through the SymphonicMS dashboard by clicking Rights ► SoundCloud Monetization.
Start getting paid today. 💰
Comments are closed.