It’s Latinx Heritage Month! Of course we’re celebrating, and so is TikTok. This month, they introduced a new campaign to highlight and celebrate the artists and creators who drive culture, build community, and spread joy every single day on TikTok, this month and every month. Here’s how you can join in…
How TikTok Is Celebrating Latinx Heritage Month
Here’s the rundown…
“We’re encouraging artists on the platform to post using the overall campaign hashtag #CasaTikTok throughout the month to have their content featured. Additionally, the Music team will be launching its #Rompiendo hashtag on September 28 to focus specifically on the artist community on platform and their contribution to the culture.” – TikTok Team
The Music team over at TikTok is asking for artists use both the #CasaTikTok and #Rompiendo hashtags in posts starting on 9/28 to highlight the Latinx community on the platform. They’re looking for original posts — not performance videos or repurposed content — that speaks to the heart of Latinx Heritage Month and what it means to you.
Not sure what to post?
Here’s are some ideas to help you out:
- What’s a moment during your music career where you felt most connected to your heritage? Share a special time that your history aligned with your creativity.
- How do you honor or celebrate Latinx Heritage Month? Explain to users the way you observe celebrating during the timeframe.
- Give a history lesson on the specific type of music you write and perform, and explain why it continues to inspire you.
- Who are your favorite artists right now and why? List 5-10 musicians you think have a bright future.
- Show off how you made your most recent hit, walking us through the creation of the song to explain how its impact on culture has inspired you.
They’ll also be launching a suite of playlists on 9/15 that will be updated throughout the month:
- Latinx: Reggaeton
- Latinx: Pop Latino
- Latinx: Regional Mexican
- Latinx: Women
- Latinx: Dembow
- Latinx: Cumbia
Happy creating! 🎉