If you’re an active social media user, then you don’t need to be told how important accurate image sizing is on socials. Social platforms change their preferred image sizing and formatting every year, so make sure to update yours accordingly! To help you out, here are the updated requirements for 2023…
Social Media Image Sizes for 2023
- TikTok Profile Photo Size: 20 x 20 pixels
- TikTok Video Size: 1080 x 1920
✨ PRO TIP: The ideal aspect ratio for TikTok videos is 1:1 or 9:16.
- Profile Photo: 170 x 170 pixels
- Stories: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Cover Photo: 851 x 315 pixels
- Posts & Timeline Photos: 1200 x 630 (minimum 600 x 315)
- Facebook Event Cover Photo: 1200 x 628 pixels (recommended)
✨ PRO TIP: To avoid any compression or distortion, upload a JPG or PNG file.
- Header Photo: 1,500 x 500 pixels
- Profile Photo: 400 x 400 pixels
- Twitter In-Stream Photos: 1600 x 900 pixels
✨ Find more information on in-stream photos, visit the Twitter Help Center.
- Profile Photo: 320 x 320 pixels
- Photo Thumbnails: 161 x 161 pixels
- Instagram Stories: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Photo Size: 1080 x 1080 pixels (square); 1080 x 1350 pixels (portrait)
✨PRO TIP: When you share an Instagram image that’s sized over 1080 pixels, Instagram will size it down to 1080 pixels.
- 1080 x 1920 pixels (This is an aspect ratio of 9:16.)
- Cover photo: 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Keep in mind that Reels are cropped to a 1:1 image in your profile feed and a 4:5 image in the home feed.
- Recommended Profile Photo: 400 x 400 pixels
- Profile Cover Photo: 1584 x 396 pixels
- Blog Post Link Images: 1200 x 627 pixels
- Company Logo: 300 x 300 pixels
- Company logo size for ads: 100 x 100 pixels
- Profile Photo: 800 x 800 pixels
- Banners: 2048 x 1152 pixels
- Thumbnail: 1280 x 720
- Video: 1280 x 720
✨ PRO TIPS:
- Make sure the focus of your photo is centered for best results.
- Files should be JPEG, GIF, BMP or PNG. Animated GIFs won’t work.
- Photos will render at 98 x 98 pixels.
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16
- Max Length: 60 seconds
- Supported Video File Types: .MOV, .MPEG4, MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEGPS, .FLV, 3GPP, and WebM.
Need to sharpen up your social media skills?
Check out these helpful resources…
- How To Determine Your Marketing Budget As An Independent Artist
- 6 Symphonic Tech Features You Should Be Using in 2023
- How To Update Your Tax and Payment Details with Symphonic