Since its launch in 2020, Facebook’s Premium Music Video (PMV) distribution service only continues to grow in popularity and scale. In this post, our Video Distribution Manager, Vanessa Schiano, breaks down everything you need to know about Facebook Premium Music Videos and why you need them.
Why You Need to Opt-In To Facebook Premium Music Videos
Here’s the rundown…
When you opt-in to Facebook Premium Music Videos, delivered videos are automatically monetized (versus the artist uploading to their page themselves). In addition, official video streams from Facebook are also added to the data that informs the Billboard Hot 100, Billboard 200, Artist 100, and Billboard Global 200 charts, plus all other Billboard U.S. and global charts that include streaming data.
Fans are also able watch the music video directly within the Facebook app (versus being redirected to another app to watch) which is a preferred method for video consumption nowadays.
Where can people find your videos?
There are several destinations across Facebook where fans can discover, watch, share, and interact with artists’ music videos in the United States and Mexico:
- The Videos tab on the artist’s page.
- The new Music Video destination on Facebook Watch.
- Users will see music videos surface on their News Feed.
- Users can share PMVs to their own profile or other surfaces like Groups.
- PMVs will also be discoverable in Search.
Keep in mind… In order to have PMVs added to your official page on Facebook, you must opt-in to having them automatically added.
- If you take no action, those PMVs will live on a separate official music Page titled “[Artist Name] • Official Music”, which will be created by Facebook.
- Those PMVs will still be available to Facebook users via the Watch tab and via Facebook’s new PMV destination. However, those PMVs most likely will not achieve the same level of reach because they won’t be distributed directly to your Official Page followers.
If you have had videos delivered to Facebook through a distributor, we have the steps HERE on how to opt-in so you can maximize your views!
In the meantime, sharpen your skills with these helpful video resources:
- 8 Types of Repurposed Content You Can Create From Your Music Videos
- How To Promote Your Music Video in 7 Easy Steps
- Comparing Video Distribution Pricing So You Don’t Have To
Get to it!