As the holidays and years-end are quickly approaching, there are some important dates and deadlines to keep in mind to ensure everything continues to run smoothly. Digital Service Providers (DSPs) typically want content delivered before holidays and years-end, so it’s important to make sure all your affairs are in order. To make sure you’re on track, please abide by these guidelines…
2023 Holiday Hours and Content Cut Off Reminders
Before we dive in…
Please keep the dates in mind to ensure that your releases are delivered and appear live, on time, for all partners. Also provided below is our royalty reporting and payment schedule for the remainder of this year.
MUSIC CONTENT SUBMISSION CUT-OFFS (New releases and release edits)
- If your release date is November 24th – December 2nd, Submit your release by November 3th.
- If your release date is December 3rd – December 30th, Submit your release by November 13th.
- If your release date is December 31st – January 6th, Submit your release by December 1st.
Due to the high volume of content we receive during this time, we do not recommend making edits to your release(s) between December 18, 2023 to January 1, 2024.
We will get back to our regular approval schedule on January 2, 2024.
MUSIC VIDEO CONTENT SUBMISSION CUT-OFFS
- If your release date is November 24th – December 2nd, submit your video by November 3th.
- If your release date is December 3rd – December 30th, submit your video by November 11th.
- If your release date is December 31st – January 6th, submit your video by December 1st.
The Video Distribution application will be unavailable from December 16th, 2023, through January 1, 2024.
The cut-off to submit music videos in 2023 is December 15th, 2023 at 6pm EST.
Music Video submissions will re-open on January 2nd, 2024 at 9am EST.
SYMPHONIC OFFICE CLOSURE DATES
- November 23rd and 24th 2023, for Thanksgiving Holiday.
- December 23rd 2023, through January 1st 2024, for Holiday Break.
- Our offices will reopen on January 2nd 2024.
SYMPHONIC HELP AND COMMUNICATION DURING OFFICE CLOSURE DATES
There will be minimal activity and responses from our Client Relations team during the closure dates listed above. We will do everything possible to answer your help requests; however, we encourage you to use our comprehensive online knowledge-base prior to submitting a request.
ROYALTIES – REPORTING AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
We publish statements and pay royalties monthly. Any unclaimed payments always roll forward into the following accounting payment period. Our payment schedule for the remainder of the year will be as follows:
- SplitShare: Ensure that percentages are correct and payees have accepted invites by October 23, 2024.
- Expected to post November 1st, 2023.
- Payment request available until November 20th, 2023.
- SplitShare: Ensure that percentages are correct and payees have accepted invites by November 20th, 2023.
- Expected to post December 4th, 2023.
- Payment request available until December 18th, 2023.
- SplitShare: Ensure that percentages are correct and payees have accepted invites by December 18th, 2023.
- Expected to post January 2nd, 2024.
- For more details about our complete payment and reporting calendar, click here.
ACCOUNT AND TAX DETAILS
As a part of year-end maintenance, we urge you to update your account details, payment details, and tax details to ensure that we have the latest information. After the calendar year ends, we will begin to prepare tax documentation and deliver the pertinent information to you per the USA and International tax laws and regulations.
- USA Clients will receive 1099 forms by January 31st, 2024.
- International Clients will receive 1042 forms by March 15th, 2024.
For details on how to update your account, check out the following links: