On June 2, 2020, the music industry took a pause following the murder of George Floyd by the hands of police. However, for countless years prior and continuing on today, our country has seen many other incidents of racism and police brutality. Here at Symphonic, we believe it’s our responsibility to be a driving force of social change in our community, and that progress starts from within.
Let’s Talk About Diversity & Inclusion…
We’ve enacted new policies, procedures, and initiatives to be a part of the solution. Among them are:
- Going forward, Symphonic will proactively utilize recruiting resources focused on serving the Black community, LatinX community, LGBTQI community, and others to ensure that a diverse group of candidates are aware of open positions at the company.
Annual PTO (Paid Time Off) Philanthropy Day
- At the beginning of 2020, Symphonic added an additional PTO day for all employees to use as an opportunity to get involved in the community and contribute time to causes they are passionate about.
NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund (“LDF”)
- Beginning in June 2020, Symphonic has made an ongoing monthly contribution to the LDF. This long-standing organization is renowned for their effectiveness in using the law to fight for racial justice across many fronts. // For more information, please visit https://www.naacpldf.org/
Company Matching of Employee Donations
- Symphonic implemented a matching program for employee donations to 501(c)3 charities.
- Symphonic Distribution observed Juneteenth as a company paid holiday in 2020. Going forward, both MLK Day and Juneteenth will always be company paid holidays.
Diversity & Inclusion Training
- Every year, Symphonic conducts training related to Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, Retaliation, and other topics. This year, we are expanding our training to include increased emphasis on Diversity & Inclusion for all employees.
The work didn’t stop with the industry wide black out, and it doesn’t stop here. Symphonic Distribution pledges to continue to grow, evolve, and stand in solidarity against racism, discrimination, and inequality.
Other Stories You May Like
October 5, 2020