Back in May of 2021, Twitter announced their new verification application process to the public. In case you missed it, we’re here to break down all the requirements for verification on the platform and teach you how to get in on the action. Here’s the rundown on the Twitter verification requirements…
How To Get Verified on Twitter in 2021Having a blue check mark on your Twitter profile is more than just trendy... It authenticates your profile and gives other users peace of mind knowing your account is trustworthy to engage with. ⚡️ Click To Tweet
Who is eligible for Verification?
According to Twitter’s help desk, your account must be authentic, notable, and active in order to receive the blue badge. In addition, your account needs to fall under one of these categories:
- Companies, brands, and organizations
- News organizations and journalists
- Sports and gaming
- Activists, organizers, and other influential individuals
For musicians, there are some extra requirements you’ll need to meet on top of that.
Individual accounts of artists, performers, directors, and others in similar public-facing roles (or their productions) can only be verified if:
- the website associated with a verified entity, or similar official public source, includes a link to the profile;
- they have at least 50 production credits on their IMDB profile, or
- they have 3 or more featured references within the 6 months prior to applying in news outlets that meet the News criteria above.
How to Apply:
“Over the next few weeks, everyone on Twitter will start to see the new verification application directly in the Account Settings tab. If you don’t see this update immediately today, don’t worry! We’re gradually rolling it out to everyone to ensure that we can review applications in a timely manner.” , says the official announcement.
Just be patient! — It’s coming as quickly as they can manage.
In the meantime, you can read more about it here.